Every Abbreviation Has A Full Meaning – H.U.S.B.A.N.D. They were once boys, puberty and adolescence set in, they grew into teenagers. Mature and influential thoughts trickled in, then the dude thing was unmasked which brought them to the round table of Mama Nkechi’s beer parlour to talk about women. As age lingered, responsibilities widened and time changed, they saw the need to get a mate, a helper and a good shoulder to complete them. The thought of being a husband cemented it all. My question now is does he understand what actually it means to be a HUSBAND.
FULL MEANING OF A HUSBAND….
1. H-HUMBLE AND HONOURABLE: Humility is the mother of all virtues. It is not only reserved for wives but for you too. Humble and honourable husbands are careful with the words they use on their women, they don’t use their headship to intimidate their spouse, they don’t resort to another women for pleasure unless on legal grounds. They see their matrimonial bed as sacred altar which shouldn’t be defiled.
ALSO SEE: RELATIONSHIP: WWW – “What Women Want”
2. U-UNDERSTANDING AND UNIQUE: Don’t be like neighbours nor your brothers rather be the best of your kind. Understanding is the only weapon that distinguishes you from the mad man on the streets. Understand your wife. Always remember that you both are from different backgrounds and lifestyles are bound to be different.
3. S-SINCERE AND SOVEREIGN: How sincere are you to her? Is your Yes, your yes? Can she be able to say my husband never did this and it sticks? Hubbies are independent and sovereign (never allow relatives, friends, ex’s or neighbours run your home). You can get advice from them but certainly not an execution of plans.
4. B-BENEVOLENT: Be good to your family. See your family as your primary responsibility. Don’t be OMENUKO outside and be dormant inside. Try your best to attend to their needs. Give her listening ears in those very tight situations. Don’t be an IDI AMIN to her. Force can’t solve all problems.
5. A-APPRECIATIVE: Be grateful to God for bringing her type around you. Thank her for completing your world of loneliness. Take some time from that busy schedule to appreciate her looks (she loves those words a lot). Remember, gratitude brings out the best in us.
ALSO SEE: RELATIONSHIP: The C. R. S. P. Of Men
6. N-NAUGHTY: She prayed for a husband not a priest nor a monk. Be naughty some times by getting her some unusual gifts. Be sexy in moves and funny with statements. Make your holidays or day-off from work memorable and sweet.
7. D-DEDICATED: Be dedicated to God and your family. They are the two homes you owe every explanation to. In all, never joke with roses because they are difficult to come by.
SO THE QUESTION NOW “DO YOU FIT IN ALL THESE”? IF THAT WORD “HUSBAND” MUST REMAIN PERMANENT..THEN YOU MUST THINK TWICE.